5325302025 GuardianOS Snapshot Software License - Workgroup. For Snap Server 110, 210 & 410
List Price: $95.00
Your Price: $75.00
In Stock: Yes
Manufacturer: Overland Storage
Manufacturer Part No: 5325302025
Optional snaphot techology enables immediate or
scheduled point-in-time images of the file system.
Snapshot technology integrated into GuardianOS
enables users to take instant, disk-based point-in-time images of any volume on
a GuardianOS-powered Snap Server. Take immediate or scheduled images of the
file system without disrupting users. To restore files, copy the data from the
snapshot back into the live volume.
- Momentarily pauses live volume to capture
the most complete snapshot, while maintaining read/write access for users
- Can accommodate multiple concurrent
- Read-only access allows users to recover
files without modifying the snapshot
- Reduces costs while enhancing data
- Integrated into GuardianOS; just turn it on
for Snap Server 110, 210, 410
Snapshots provide virtual point-in-time backup data with minimal storage usage
Reduces administrative intervention required to restore individual end-user
files, increases application availability, minimize space usage required for
- Instant virtual volume - The snapshot
instantly captures a copy of the live volume.
- Point-in-time image - The snapshot is a
virtual image of the live volume as it appeared at the point-in-time when the
snapshot was captured. It creates a nearly instant map of pointers to the
actual blocks of data found in the live volume.
- Disk-based storage - The snapshot images are
stored entirely on disk. Blocks of data that have not changed since the
completion of the snapshot remain in the live volume, while the original
contents of data blocks that have changed are stored in designated "snapshot"
- Sustained client access to the live volume -
With the exception of a momentary pause as the live volume is frozen and
captured in the snapshot image, network clients maintain read/write access.
- Read-only access to the snapshot volume -
Users have read-only access to the individual snapshot volumes. Since these
snapshot images are true point-in-time copies of live volumes, users cannot
manually modify them, protecting the snapshot from inadvertent user error.
- Performance maintained during concurrent
snapshots - The GuardianOS server can accommodate multiple concurrent
snapshots per unit while continuing to maintain optimal performance.
Included with Snap Server 650 and 520; optional for Snap Server 410, 210, and
Snapshots can provide the following application benefits:
- Online backup
- Reduced backup window with the use of
Snapshots and data management applications
- Instant recovery of user data
- Offline volume for reporting and revision